Project Clean Slate – Terminal C-2
Newark Liberty International Airport, New Jersey
- Work completed airside Newark Airport at active airline terminal
- Removal and replacement of 3,500 sy of reinforced concrete 19” deep
- 2,700 feet of doweled joints
- 1,200 feet of dummy joints
- 1,000 feet of thickened edge asphalt joints
- Reconstruction of rotunda pads and building foundations
This contract included the removal and replacement of 3,500 square yards of reinforced concrete, asphalt and lime cement fly ash 19” deep. While placing the new concrete pavement 2,700 feet of doweled joints, 1,200 feet of dummy joints and 1,000 feet of thickened edge asphalt joints were constructed. 700 linear feet of trench was excavated, shored, dewatered and then backfilled for Folgore Mobil Welding who completed the fuel line work for Holt Construction. RCC also completed the demolition and reconstruction of rotunda pads and building foundations. This work provides Continental Airlines with the ability to accommodate larger jets at Terminal C-2.
Work was completed airside at Newark Airport. RCC was able to obtain PONYA plates to obtain unrestricted access for their vehicles and employees.
Job included over 10 different subcontractors within a 3 gate area. Close coordination between all subcontractors was required