MCGUIRE AIR FORCE BASE MAINTENANCE TRAINING FACILITY
Project Highlights / Scope of Work
• Fabricated and erected all structural steel for new maintenance training facility
• Performed 500,000 LBS of new structural steel fabrication
• Performed intricate steel fabrication involving hip and valley roof framing members
• Maximized efficiency through improved production / erection scheduling
• Project performed in succession with Lakehurst Aircraft Fire Rescue Station job
• Coordination of fabrication process and erection crews to maintain completion deadline
The U.S. Military’s Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst base (JB MDL) in Wrightstown, NJ, houses the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines. The Air Force portion, McGuire Air Force Base, houses a large maintenance training facility on the grounds.
All structural steel for the new building was fabricated in-house at our Southampton facility. Over half a million pounds of steel, including complex hip and valley roofing members were produced. All steel was erected under our direct supervision.
The job was completed in phases so that as one section was being fabricated, the previous section was erected. This simultaneous process of fabrication and erection resulted in maximum efficiency of product delivery and shortened project scheduling.